Design and Manufacturer ServicesWe offer custom design, board layout, and product development services in the areas of telecommunications, automotive and industrial controls.
Scott Electronic Systems, Inc. was founded in 1979, and incorporated in 1992. Originally it was operated as a job shop to provide custom designed controls for consumer and industrial applications. Over the years the company has developed several products for automotive and industrial markets.
Engineering capabilities include both analog and digital hardware design, as well as software development and programming for microcontrollers through personal computers. We incorporate computer aided schematic capture and board layout, and can take a product from conceptual design through prototype development. We also have production capability and can provide custom assembly and manufacturing services.
- Microcontroller based audio cassette life test system for Columbia Broadcast System (CBS).
- Microcontroller operated battery load profile test equipment operated with PC based data acquisition hardware and programs. Used to gather life test information on batteries for satellite, military and other applications for companies such as Eagle-Picher Industries and Rayovac Corporation.
- Design and program microcontrollers for use in FAX switching and paging equipment manufactured by Command Communications Inc.
- Developed and built hardware used in precision leveling equipment for DRM Industries of Webb City Missouri.
- Designed and manufactured custom money accumulators and controls for RACO Car Wash Systems of Joplin Missouri.
- Designed and built both analog and digital interfaces to tie existing substation equipment to digital computer control system for Empire District Electric Company.
- Design and manufacture microcontroller based four line telephone switch for National Data Corporation.
The ILLUMIN8R® is our patented high efficiency interior lamp dimmer developed for conversion vans, RVs, and watercraft. This product features full range control and is available from one to six channels. It can even control DC motors!
It was originally created to provide an additional margin of safety through improved night vision by dimming the glaring interior bullet lights. It has found its way into the farming industry as a replacement herbicide pump control, as well as lighting control for hunting camps, and watercraft.
Presently, we manufacture and market the Scott Mix® automated concrete batching system. This product is intended for the small to midsized Redi-Mix plant operator, who wants to produce consistent concrete with ease.